When a customer comes to Fixate for their technical content needs, we work from a proprietary playbook. While every project is unique from customer to customer, the first steps follow a similar pattern.
Our process starts by helping you plan your content; that is, creating working titles and abstracts for specific types of content. These are then placed into a timeline for the next quarter or so. Use this worksheet to plan marketing content:
This worksheet is a content calendar of sorts; an editorial calendar by another name. Whether you are a Product Marketing Manager, or your role includes the responsibilities of promoting and raising visibility for your technology products, an editorial calendar should be part of your content marketing strategy.
Optimize Your Content
In addition to the basic elements included on the worksheet, your content marketing strategy should incorporate ways to optimize content, such as:
- Including internal links (links from your content to other owned content)
- Earning backlinks (links from outside sites and sources to your content)
- Making a percentage of content “evergreen”
- Earmarking content for repurposing (e.g., Fixate can compile your related blog posts into an eBook format)
- Inviting conversation through an engagement strategy
Manage Your Content Strategy
Managing your content strategy shouldn’t be done in isolation. Be aware of:
- upcoming product launches,
- industry hot topics, and
- your competitors.
All of these could impact your plan for content creation and distribution—which are the next steps in the process for reaching your target audience through digital marketing initiatives.